About this class
The Global Classroom is thrilled to present our eighth classroom – The Big Picture. Featuring an inspirational array of guest speakers, The Big Picture will focus on our world, our universe, and how we all fit within this, inspiring a new generation of explorers who will dare to dream about an exciting future.
The Big Picture will be taking place on 8th June 2021 at 16:30 BST, coinciding with World Ocean Day and World Environment Day which takes place a few days earlier. This event will connect with millions of children in 198 countries across the world.
The Global Classroom is delighted to be welcoming Hanli Prinsloo who joined us in our latest classroom, Deep Breath. Hanli is a freediver, speaker, writer, and ocean conservationist who is the founder and director of I Am Water.
Led by Scarisbrick Hall School, The Big Picture will illustrate the positives we can all find in the world around us. We will be focusing on the key themes of water, world travel, and space exploration as our guests share with us their inspirational stories and open up the discussion as to how we all fit into the world and universe around us.
Once again, our global students will have the chance to experience invaluable discussions between our guest speakers, and share their questions on the topic of exploration.
The Big Picture guest panel features a selection of explorers from around the globe. We will be welcoming:
- Hanli Prinsloo: Founder and Director of I Am Water,which aims to promote and progress ocean conservation through transformative ocean experiences. Hanli will be talking about how young people can get involved in their local area to promote water conservation.
- Dr Katie Stack Morgan: As research scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Katie’s research focuses on Martian sedimentary rock and she is the Deputy Project Scientist of the Mars 2020 rover mission. Katie will be discussing her own journey and experiences related to her work on Mars.
- Josh Bernstein: Josh has travelled more than 1,000,000 miles by train, plane, bus, bike, and camel to over 75 countries in pursuit of knowledge and discovery. He’s joining us to discuss his life of adventure and exploration.
- Katherine Blanchard: Working for The Smithsonian Science Education Centre, Katherine manages and supports a variety of programs to support teachers and districts to increase awareness of STEM education.
- Andrew Brennen: Alongside his work as a National Geographic Education Fellow, Andrew is the co-founder of the Prichard Committee Student Voice Team (PC SVT).
- Gab Mejia: Gab is a Filipino conservation photographer, an environmental storyteller, an international award-winning photographer, and a National Geographic Explorer
Each speaker will be sharing their own personal stories, and inspiring a brand new generation of explorers to dare to dream.
During their discussions, our guest speakers will also be highlighting the importance of World Environment Day and how their work has brought a positive impact to the world around us, helping us to understand more about the universe and how we fit within it.
Join us on June 8th 2021 at 16:30 BST for The Big Picture. We look forward to seeing you there.